We are familiar with GDPR and our personal responsibilities.
We have a right to erasure process. If you wish to be erased, please contact us either by using the contact page on this website or email marcus@milestone-recruitment.
No personal data is transferred outside of the EU.
When processing your data we undertake the following:
The processing is lawful, fair and transparent
Transparent about what the data is being used for
Data is collected for a specific purpose
The data is necessary for the purpose
The data must be accurate and kept up to date
Data is not kept for longer than deemed necessary
The data is kept safe and secure
All storage is secure and our suppliers have GDPR procedures in place. You can download our Data Centre Information relating to all data we hold on our cloud based system, provided by our software provider JobDiva.
We have a notification process in place for any breach.
MILESTONE delivers a thorough and fantastic customer & candidate experience, earning the trust of many hiring companies and job seekers within the restaurant sector. We will continue to make additional required operational changes resulting from the legislation, and will keep our clients & candidates informed throughout this process. We will continue to monitor GDPR and will continue to enhance our strategy for GDPR to ensure we are fully compliant.
Milestone will get in touch once a year via the email you have provided in your application to inquire whether you would like to keep your details on our cloud based system JobDiva. If we do not hear from you then we will archive your profile and personal details. Not to worry though, if you reach out again in the future, we’ll pick up a fresh conversation and support you from there.
MILESTONE (trading as Milestone Recruitment Limited) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.milestone-recruitment.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Milestone Recruitment, 10 Carmelite Walk, Harrow, Middlesex. HA3 5NQ
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by applying to a job we are advertising via a third party Job Site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employment history and academic qualifications, and any other relevant information you provide.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or subscribe to. This can be, but not limited to linkedin.com, indeed.co.uk, totaljobs.com or any other job site or aggregator.
We use information held about you in the following ways (whether provided by you or collected by us):
• to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about services or employment vacancies we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer or registered candidate, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous interest to you.
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination (icloud based server) within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), in the UK specifically.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the the address above, or emailing email@example.com, or via the contact page on this website.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.